I modified a recipe posted by Zuzana Light, co-founder and former host of BodyRock.Tv, via her fb: she has a video up about the recipe somewhere on there.
Disclaimer: although quite tasty, these don't photograph super-well...
|Tasty, even if they look a little lumpy.|
*1 cup dates
*1 cup rolled oats
*2 Tbsp psyllium husk
*1 tsp cinnamon
*2 Tbsp agave nectar
*1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 walnuts or other nuts (optional)
* The original recipe calls for 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper...I don't have any in the pantry, but I bet it would taste yummy.
1. Purée the dates in a food processor. If your dates are a bit dry, at a little water as needed.
2. Add the oats, cinnamon, psyllium husk, agave nectar, vanilla extract, and nuts. Process.
3. Add in the milk, a bit at a time.
4. Place in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper or greased.
5. Place in the fridge (30 minutes) or the freezer (15 minutes) to firm up.
6. Cut and place in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer.