Welcome!

Hi there,

This blog is a place for me to focus on positivity. You know, things I like, goodness, and all that. Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to email me: positiveponderings[at]hotmail[dot]ca.

Saturday, 13 April 2013

Thrifty Art!

I haven't posted about my thriftin' finds for quite some spell.  Well, it is time to rectify that!  Here are some thrifted pieces currently residing in our home:

This measures 12 x 6 inches (the canvas part), and seems to be oils.  It was a whopping $5!




Irene H. Something ?.  1863? Or was it 1963 and someone changed it?


Tattered tag on the reverse.
Blurry shot...a needlepoint of crazy animal/plant delight.  (Is that a dragon?  The squirrel is HUGE!)  I think it was about $20- $25.  Probably 18 x 18 inches.

This one I have had for about 6 years.  I got it at an antique mall in Maryland with a friend for about $10. 

I wonder what the "H" stands for?
Herman!

Awwww...birdies and les fleurs!


I love a good, thrifty, piece of art.  Just because the artist isn't "known" does not make it any less lovely to have around the house.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment. I read every one and love hearing from my bloggy friends.
:)